Resistance Soldering is the name applied to a technique where the heat to melt solder is instantaneously generated by passing through a high amperage electrical current through a resistive material. There are three key components of resistance soldering:
1) A specialized step-down transformer that will generate the appropriate current
2) A resistive material to generate the heat
3) The ability to complete and electrical circuit
THE ADVANTAGES: WHY SHOULD I TRY RESISTANCE SOLDERING?
1. Heating is instantaneous and confined to solder connection. This helps the user to easily create a more professional solder joint.
2. Resistance soldering is many times faster than soldering with traditional irons.